Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Crazy Is Paisley & I'm A Banana!

No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.
-Charles Dickens

Unless - of course - the lightener hasn't been writing lately leaving her with no way to lighten anybody's day aside from her presence... and who really wants that?

Yeah. I'm in a mood.

Hello ladies and jellyspoons and all around sexy cats!

I'm on the tale end of my lunch after a department meeting to say... well, nothing really.

No I haven't really written anything yet. Still conspiring mentally with ideas that will one day (hopefully) become a story or two or several and MILLIONS!!!

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Over the weekend, I visited Makers Faire at the San Mateo Fairgrounds. Saw some cute stuff, some neat things, but the best part was that I got to spend time Kevan F, Greg L and Kathy W. We ended up not staying long since Kathy needed a nap before game that night, and we showed up to have Kevan at First Aid since he stepped in a hole and did something to his ankle. The walking around was making his ankle grumpy, Kathy was losing energy, I think Greg was tired, and in all honesty I was losing steam as well. We made it through half a day at least though no trip to the pub across the way. Ended up having a beer at Kathy's... after I ended up passing out from an unplanned nap. Kathy passed out on the couch, and I passed out on Geoff T's LoveSac (aka giant beanbag). I fought it for as long as I could, but in the end, the last thing I remember seeing was Kathy knocked out on the couch, and I quickly followed suit.

We woke up a couple hours later, I had my beer, I left early to make it to Milk Pail since I was in the area, and they were closing within the next hour. I grabbed my goodies then headed over to Jim and Leah's to keep the kitties while they the humans went to game... and also to catch up on Game of Thrones. (Now I'm just behind on last Sunday's episode.)

Got the new thumb drive from Josh H but the minibook doesn't seem to like it so now it's the waiting game to see when I can hook up with him to see if he can work his magic OR if the laptop gods bless me with a present.

Sunday was brunch with Kevan, Greg, Kathy and Steve C. Yummy food, great company and BACON!!! Then we walked brunch off by a stroll around the outside mall looking at the awesome architectural playhouses on display. We kept fantasizing about which ones we would explode (which Kevan and I immediately thought "destruction" where everyone else thought "make adult size to live in"... which is good, too).

After seeing all the houses, Kevan and Greg headed home, and me, Kathy and Steve headed back to the market to pick up a few things. I got a cafe latte espresso coconut water, an all natural chili chocolate bar and dried whole bananas. (I like the whole dried bananas WAY better than the banana chips. Tastier and chewier... though they look a little snake-like in the container. I got a lot of "What are you EATING?" when I was snacking on them at the office.)

The three of us parted ways - Kathy and Steve to watch Star Trek Into Darkness (great frakkin movie) & me to head home and veg out. I ended up passing out. I'd been on GO for a while with not enough sleep so once my body sensed me stop?... it STOPPED.

Now my body is tired again due to the impending doom of powerloss... which happened TWICE last month and Aunt Flow decided to base the timing of this month's visit from our second encounter in April.

I REALLY need to get back on the pill. Sheesh!

So nothing much else to report. There's work, various shindigs to try and make it to, I am in serious need of a manicure, and my sinuses (although better) are still driving me crazy. My niece is graduating Pre-K next week Wednesday morning. Doubt I'll be able to make it, but I'll try and work something out. Though I've been closing Tuesday nights so if I were to manage to get that Wednesday off, I'd be trekking out to Fresno after close again... like the night I got hit...

*stops thought right there*

What else happened today?...

Oh yeah. Came home after work to pull up face to face with a fire truck.

Afer work, I hit Cost Plus World Market and thought about buying a watch a co-worker has but then couldn't remember which one she had, and they had only a few different styles... ANYWAY I got a few snacky bits and headed home.

My usual routine is to pull up alongside the curb in front of the house and then reverse back until I'm in front of my landlady's husband's car (he parks at the curb closest to the driveway). I pull up, fire truck turns the corner and pulls right in front of me.

My initial reaction is to pull over and get out of the way, but I was already pulled over. Wondering what to do, they stopped about a car length before me and the guy in the passenger side waved at me to say I was okay. I continued to reverse, cut the engine and waited.

Yep. They were going to my house.

I gathered my things and walked in. Landlady's husband said something was going on with WH (the elderly man that lives with us that my landlady takes care of). He was hurting so they called for an ambulance. Firemen arrived first to assess WH. Later the ambulance arrived and they took WH to the hospital to get him sorted out.

It'll be weird not hearing his snores drift over from the other room.

I seriously hope he's okay. He's a sweet fella.

All right. I'm done babbling. Gonna relax with some Hulu before bed.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment