Friday, April 5, 2013

It's Not About Me Right Now

It's gettin', it's gettin', it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin', it's gettin', it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin', it's gettin', it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin', it's gettin', it's gettin' kinda hectic
-from the song "The Power" by Snap

My mind is a little preoccupied.

I'm currently at work... on my lunch break... thinking about two of my friends who are in the hospital right now.

One needed a kidney. One had a qualified kidney to give.

I've known the guy getting the kidney since my Freshman year of high school. I've known the chic giving the kidney for almost as long... met her through him actually.

When I first found out this was going down, it would hit me in waves. I had been going through my own crap so my mind would bounce from my life to his life to her life and back again.

And then as time went on...
And she was the one that was picked...
And times were picked...
And plans were being made...

He lives in SoCal.

She lives in my neck of the woods though is from SoCal.

The surgery is happening today in SoCal. Well... per the Facebook updates, she went in first. He went in an hour after - I think. He's going to be in surgery for a few hours. She's - I think - in the finishing up stage of her part.

I want to be there. I hate that I'm not. Waiting for the updates are irking me, but yeah...

Right now I'm listening to the Nerdist Podcast with Walton Goggins as I type this. It's a good distraction to the waiting... as well as to the writing...

Other than the waiting, not much else is happening in my life. I'm still going through crap.

Property damage settlement payment received and stowed away. Shopping for a good used car is intimidating me. My body is in various stages of aching and unhappiness. Right now my left leg - knee to ankle - isn't happy, and I have a stitch in the left side of my back. Powerloss will be happening soon so that is adding to the overall body crappy feeling. I still haven't really written anything. I'm tired as frak. All I want to do is sleep. I also need to do laundry some time this weekend.

I might go get my hair blown dry again.
I might go seek out a massage.
I might use one of my movie passes and see something.
I might go to the cheapy theatre and go see something.
I might visit with friends this weekend that I saw last night.
I might go game this weekend.
I might just sleep all weekend.

I'm here until 8pm tonight. The kidney giver is lending me her car while she's out of town. I'm very appreciative and taking good care of her.

Did I mention I'm hella tired?

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

RJ (Hoofman) is the boy that needed the kidney. 
Kathy (my Girlfriend) is the one that gave it.
Sara is the kidney Kathy is giving to RJ.
Goldie is my Girlfiend's car who I'm keeping company until her mother comes home.
And if you're feeling generous?... GO HERE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment