Monday, April 1, 2013

Back In the Day When I Slept...

Ben Holmes: Are you going to be here when I get back?
Sarah Lewis: You know me.
Ben Holmes: I would not presume.
-from the movie "Forces of Nature"
It's Monday, and I'm at work again.

I'm sitting at "my" desk eating four cheese ravioli in a cream sauce after having walked about with Kathy W before she left for the day after she finished all her deliveries. That took up about half of my lunch. This may take up the rest. If I run out of lunch time, I'll just have to sneak some blogging in between phone calls, etc.

It's also April Fools day. The day is still young, and I get out of here at 6pm but so far I haven't come across idiots who think that April Fool's is a day to be a dumbass. I mean, I appreciate a good joke as much as the next person, but there's funny and there's choke-a-bitch stupid.

Moving on...

Before I get any further, let me say... I've thought about writing. (That counts, right?) I'm hoping to be caught up soon... ish. (fingerscrossed)

Been car shopping via the interwebs. Hoping to get a car soon. I'm in the "half to settle for" versus what I actually want realm of car purchases. Hopefully I won't get screwed over. If I do, I'm gonna have to choke a bitch.

Went to a going away party for Novim S. I think she left today?... for reserves training in Texas. I wish her the best of luck and may the universe keep her safe... and I will see her again in October.

Mom sent me a package that was delivered Friday while I was at work and apparently no one was home to sign for it, and the post office was closed Saturday (even though the slip said they were open and there was no sign saying WHY they were closed). I'm working all week this week until Saturday so I most likely will not be able to get it until then. *grumble grumble*

Yesterday Jimbo picked me up for dinner and Game of Thrones with him and Leabo. He also reloaded the iPod with more books for me to listen to though I most likely will have Kathy's car by Wednesday for at least a few weeks while she's in SoCal. I think I'll still listen to them during the commute. (One ear bud will do just fine.)

As this Friday draws nearer, I can't help but get even more squiggy. Two of my friends are going under the knife. RJ needs a kidney. Kathy is giving him one. And it's all going down at the end of the week. I know everything is going to be okay, but the surgery part of me makes me worrisome. And I want to do something. I want to be there for them or help take care of them or at least visit them while they are out of commission, but I can't. I'm stuck here just merely thinking about them... so I'll be sending them all the lovely, quick-healing, huggle, kisses, awesome vibes I can.

Today my leg has been acting up. Usually it's either my ankle, shin or knee. Today is the trifecta. Earlier my shin started to ache a little bit, not so much throb but the pain there was like "HEY! I'M GONNA BE ANNOYING NOW!!!" I took some ibuprofen as well as iced/elevated the limb. Then when that stopped, the ankle started up. And then when that stopped, the knee started griping... which is still is. And the chiro wants me to bring the wobble board tomorrow so he can test me on my progress. (I HATE TESTS!) The jury is still out on the MRI situation... which if I had to get one, I'd have to go someplace not local. I think it's a 30-45min drive... I think.

I've never had an MRI before. It would definitely be something to cross off my bucket list.

Okay, I think I've babbled on enough this time around. I'll try and make another one of these word things on Wednesday. Woo hoo!

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment