Friday, August 17, 2012

Not A Lot, But *Some* Writing Accomplished...

There are a lot of things in my life that I thought were real and ended up being fake. Why can't the opposite be true? 
-Monica from the movie "Accepted"

Let's see. What's been going on in my life? Oh, that's right. Nothing.

So let's get to another update for August, shall we?
Yup. That's all I got done so far since last time. With all that's been going on, I felt like I had put a major dent into my updates, and here I am with just two.

The Lord giveth, and He taketh away... pointing and laughing as he does so.

In all honesty, I am not incredibly with the above mentioned story blog updates... mainly with Noemi. Arwyn is fine for the most part though I think the ending was a little... weak. I just had no idea with Noemi. I kept starting and stopping and then, like word vomit, the update wrote itself and it was done.

I still have to find something to write for "Everything..." and choose one of the three last homework assignments for "Stoically..." but other than that...

OH! I finished my NERDHQ article for my friend Lon L. I sent it to him a few days ago, and it was so long (10-pages, I think), that he had to break it up into two parts. The first part is already posted. Waiting on the second.

I also finished my story thing for Chris M. Yeah! I read it to Kathy W last night, and she said it was fine the way it was. I would have liked a few others to have read it, but I felt I had taken too long as is, so I sent it off to Chris M tonight... with an explanation.

I think I mentioned this before, but I'll recap as quickly as I can.

Chris manned the camera of a movie short which in the end he wasn't pleased with. (He showed me his version, and I thought the editing was fabulous.) He asked me to write him a 3-page story to make a short film on based off the premise of "a man in a room because of a sin". While working on that, my friend Jenny S (who pushes me in life a few notches shy of me wanting to donkey-punch her with a Buick), and "told" me to write a first-person short story from someone else's point-of-view (shooting for about 10-pages).

We all caught up? Great.

I'll say it was roughly several weeks ago when I finished the first draft of the story and sent it to Jenny to read. Knowing the back story of the piece (that I will not get into right now but is based off of real life as all my stories are), she thought I could go a little darker, pushing the bounds of my own reality as opposed to being confined by it.

Wow. That last bit just sounded cool. Well done ME! (self-high five)

Before Jenny ordered me to write this first-person POV story, I was leaning toward creepy with the idea for Chris's story, but then after? It's like when someone asks you a question you knew the answer to BEFORE they asked you. Yeah, it's like that. My "creepy" went on vacation. I was so sad. I sat there, printout in hand and wept on the inside while screaming on the outside in frustration as I couldn't tap one single iota of creepy.

So I decided to send the story (with grammar and punctuation corrections made) to Chris with a weird explanation about how things went down and await his reply.

I thought I could take the story and TRY to creep it up a little, but I don't know if I can. Kathy thinks that if you go for "cute", you come back with "creepy"... but I have NO IDEA how to do that with THIS story. (Trust me. If you read it, I don't think you would either.)

Normally I'd post the story, but seeing as it was for Chris had asked me for it so he could try and make a short film out of it, I'll let him make the call.

Aside from "Stoically..." and "Everything..." as well as August updates for Enyo, Sanya and Kearie, I still have another "review" to write as well as a story to write for Jillian S so... yay for me.

I really need to work on my deadline timing. I was fine in school, but now? I'm all grown-up and can't seem to make my timing stick. I wig out thinking my writing is shit even though in the beginning I was all kinds of happy when asked to write something for someone. As it is, I'm not sure if Chris will actually make a film out of what I wrote, but the idea of it happening is fascinating and really cool.

I have review type stuff up on Moron Life and TV Fanatic, and that's cool.

But other than my pages, I have none of my fiction out there.

It'll happen. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Before I gave myself this goal of being published (novel would have been nice, but I would settle for an online or magazine contest of some importance or something like that) by the time I hit 35. I had hoped I would have accomplished the goal prior to that age, but as it is, I am past due on that deadline seeing as I'm coming up on my 36th birthday in November.

Yeah. Sometimes when I think about it, I get a little depressed. Okay, A LOT depressed, but hey... when you fail at your life's passions, your dreams get a little crushed, and that stings.

I look at my fellow, more successful writing friends who are about my age, and I get jealous. CRAZY jealous. I have a friend (Chris R) who is having a story of his published in a collection. His name is in the table of contents with Neil FRAKKIN Gaiman. (Yeah, I hate him and love him for that.) Truly, I am so proud.

I think there's this blockage somewhere within me and my spirit or something, and if I can get rid of it, the words will flow and the publishing dream will happen.

Do they make Drano or Liquid Plumbr for author constipation?

Yes, I know my stresses about life stability and getting out of this hole I feel has grabbed hold of me some years ago and just won't let go are contributing factors to this lack of creativity that plagues me. I HATE IT! I need Ash from Army of Darkness to come by with his chainsaw arm and free me from this hell.

Or perhaps I could just have more cocktails with Kathy? (She gets many thanks for cocktails and junk food medicine last night. It was much needed and appreciated. I have the best Girlfriend EVER!)

Okay, I'm going to end this blog post on an up-note.

Next week holds promise for me, and I'm clinging to that promise of hope because I know I deserve it, and once I get over that hurdle, I'll find the landmine of joy and explode into happiness.

Well... take from that what you will.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment