Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Entertaining & Contemplating Various Notions

Yakko: It's that time again!
Wakko: To make bizarre faces?
Dot: To encourage kids to send us candy?
-from Animaniacs

Nope. It's time for another August story blog update. (Brought to you by one tired, stressed out Flipchic.)
Woohoo! Look at those three updates. You see them? Three nice updates. That leaves two left. I can do two in [looks at calendar] a little less than two weeks.

Oh yeah. I got this... maybe.

So I have yet to "try" anything new for "Everything..."... so there's that issue.

As for "Stoically...", I have three different homework assignments to choose from: #30#25, and the dreaded #21. #21 is "Epic".

See, when I think of "Epic", I think of the actual meaning of the word and all those heroic ballads and poems I read in high school. In trying to think of what I could possibly write for this assignment, I also think of what Eddie Izzard said about the word "awesome"... and I just want to honor the true meaning of the word.

In discussing it with friends, however, one friend pointed out (I believe it was Kathy W) this particular definition when looking it up online.

epic - adjective - of unusually great size or extent: a crime wave of epic proportions.

But WTFrak am I supposed to do with that? My mind is drawing a complete blank. Ugh. I suck! (Yes, I know... you're your own worst critic, and I should stop beating myself about this, but dammit. I'm going to have to get to this prompt EVENTUALLY!)

In any case, I just want to write a good story. Well, aiming for better than good, but with this one, I think (in the end) I'll settle for good... okay even. Is that so wrong?

Oh! Speaking of stories, I still haven't heard back from Chris M in regards to the story I sent him. I emailed it off a few days ago, and I know that he and Renee M are looking for a new apartment (closer to my neck of the woods actually oddly enough), but the waiting is killing me. Yes, I have other things to do to distract me, but there are times when the odd thought crosses my mind, and I think Hey! He's got the story! I wonder what he thinks? I hope he likes it. Oh crap! *warning! warning! panic! panic!*

Yes. I know I'm crazy, but we knew this already. Your point? 

In other news, ever since Kathy W introduced me to Shazzbaa and her online comic Today Nothing Happened
(which is now finished), an idea of a similar fashion has been muddling around in my mind. 

First I should explain her comic, and what better way to do it than with her own words from her own website:



Now with that in mind, what do you think my idea could possibly be? (I'm pretty sure y'all can figure it out.)

I kept thinking perhaps I could do a written version of that. But then I thought Yeah, that's what I need. Yet ANOTHER blog to update. When thinking about, it sounds like a diary of some kind, in a sense, but for me it'd be short stories - a little story snippet of each of my days. I don't necessarily think my life is all that interesting, but hey, it's just an idea.

Today I had a job interview, and I met an older man whom I shared a parking meter with (he had parked behind me), and I just can't get the niceness of my brief time with him out of my mind. A part of me thought about writing about it, and that brought me back to this idea.

What do you think? Is it worth it? Should I try? Do any of you care? What would I call it?

Anyway, aside from that, I've been toying around with Jillian S's story. I honestly have no idea where it's going, but I like the beginning so far. I think it's cute. Then again, I may rewrite it, and if I do, it may end up less or more cute depending on where the frak my brain goes with it.

I've also been thinking about vlogging or audioboo'ing again. I think it stems from talking about podcasts with Lon L. I have anxiety over my writing alone (though I could never imagine not doing it). I don't know. What would I even talk about? And who wants to see my ugly mug on YouTube? Or listen to my voice? I used a voice app for Twitter today, and I just sounded silly. I've been told that I have a good voice for radio, and friends (though I think they were joking) said that I should have my own show like my friends RJ and Dusty do, but I don't think that'll ever happen. Besides, they're all the right kinds of wrong enough for all of us, I think.

I dunno. I guess I just haven't reached that level of comfort to do a solo venture like that. I commend all the YouTube peeps that I follow including the ones that I personally know (I'm looking at YOU Britt F), but I dunno. Maybe one day when I just don't give a flying frak, I'll do it. Or maybe if I had a partner in crime? Or maybe I'll just stick to making my friends laugh. *grin*

All right. It's late, and I'm going to the movies with a friend tomorrow. So I think I should TRY and go to bed now. (What a novel concept. Going to bed before the sun comes up. I wonder if I'll ever master it. Ugh.)

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment