Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Missing The Sun, The Fog and The Beach

Look who's awake again!

To be fair, I think I nodded off a bit earlier in the evening. I had ventured to HomeGoods after work today and managed to get some kitchen and bath things which made me happy. I was going to try and kill two birds with one stone and hit the Sprouts in the same lot, but I was just hit with an overwhelming urge to go home.

I just remembered - I bought candy while at HomeGoods. I was trying not to use a cart since my only intention was to buy two or three things - things I could carry - so when PMS took hold and said "Check out the snacks on your way out," - who was I to say no? I grabbed two small bags of healthy Reese's cups type chocolate - one is dark chocolate and peanut butter, and the other is milk chocolate and almond butter. Ohhh and I also have Smart Sweets gummies that I got at Target the other day, too

HomeGoods had Valentines, St. Patrick's Day, and Easter stuff up. Even during Covid, we have to have all holidays earlier than necessary.

[insert eye-roll here]

I made it home, repacked the bag the cashier bagged for me so everything fit better instead of looking like an MC Escher piece had nasty sex with Picasso and a variety of Cubism artists, and had a baby. I honestly have no idea how the bag stayed intact on the car ride home. With the way she bagged everything, it looked like what a trapezoid's sneeze would look like frozen in mid-achoo!

In checking the mail, I got a present from my "Wifey" - she sewed me another mask - this one has a pretty pinup girl on it, the other side has turtles. And it came with the best note ever "Made with love... and butt grabs!" I took a pic of me holding the mask, showing both fabrics, and sent it with lots of hearts. [Thanks, Kim M.]

When I got home and got settled, I made myself a little something to eat as well as a cocktail and then started to organize some more, but then powerloss shut that down by saying "You should lay down. You're not feeling well." And it was right. My lower bits were quite unhappy and asked if I could lay fetal for a bit... when apparently then turned into a really long blink. Granted, it was already dark-ish when I got home so nothing much had changed when I looked outside after my really long "blink."

I really miss people and going places and hugging and snuggling and just being in the same place with people that I like being in the same place with. Perhaps when we're all able to be in the same place with people again, it'll be hard to realize that they're not on a computer or phone screen anymore.

I wish I had a teleporter that would take me to the beach. 

A long time ago while hanging out with friends at a house of two women that I didn't know, one o those women took me aside and gave me a reading. (Yes, that kind of reading.) But she didn't use cards or anything, and when I think back on the things she said, I can honestly say they weren't vague things that could be expanded in a way that would make me think "Wow, she really knows me" - but also not gimmicky where she picks up on strings of things you've said or whatever. Nope, she was rather really intuitive or the real deal. I choose to be open-minded about the whole thing.

Of the things she said, one of them was that my happy places are fog, sun, and water... which are true. I love all those things, and I've always found the water very peaceful and calming and have wanted to spend a weekend near the beach. I've tried before, and it's never worked out. One day though. A little solo writing retreat for just me. I also love the rain - it makes me happy, and I always sleep my best sleep when it's raining. 

Well... it hasn't been foggy, and I haven't been able to get to the water. It's rained a bit as of last weekend and a little bit during the week, but not too much. Yes, there's been sun, but with daylight savings still making it darker sooner than anyone would like, I haven't been getting much sun either.

Depressed much? Maybe. But then again - the world is probably in the same boat so, I'll cope.

But still - to have a bridge to the beach. Like a Narnia wardrobe but instead, it took me from my home to the beach and back again. I could take my notepad and pen and write near the beach and then go home for dinner. If I had beach time, it would definitely make my workdays less... grumbly?

The nice thing I guess is I've been listening to audiobooks and reading a little more than I have been (which is just shameful of me, but I feel it's due to Covid/quarantine depression of sorts so... not my fault, really). I also restarted my book group with friends. I kind of slagged off a bit when Covid started, but we're back up and running - currently voting for the February book to read. Hopefully my library will have it. 

I've also been doing a little writing at work, too, during my lunch break - so that's nice. 

Speaking of writing, I really have no plan for this blog at the moment. I'm just trying to get back in the swing of writing. Back during my last car accident, I just didn't have it in me for a while. Normally, I'm just tired - too tired to physically write/type anything - but the ideas were still up in my noggin just wanting to come out. The accident - the worst one I've been in to-date - left me numb for a while. Not only was I not writing, but I had to desire to. My creativity flame seemed to have burned out. Eventually, a couple embers sizzled here and there and ideas started sprouting. And writing at work is helping 1. get the stories out and 2. to keep me sane while at the office.

Need more of both of those things. STAT!

Just felt a slight "ick" in my mid-lower section, and I had to remember if I took any ibuprofen after I got home. I did though it was a few hours ago. I think I'll just hit the sack, try and get comfy enough to pass out, and take some more meds tomorrow.

For some reason, I thought today was Tuesday, but then I realized "No, silly - it's just Monday." Sort of depressing if you think about it. Tomorrow two of my shows are on - Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and Prodigal Son - and I also have a friend call that I've missed for the past few weeks due to being unconscious and sleeping riiiiiiiiight through it.

Okay, I think my eyes are getting a little droopier than they have been so... I think it's officially bedtime.

Oh dear gawd! Why am I thinking of quesabirria tacos? Shut up, PMS! We're going to bed!

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment