Monday, January 25, 2021

Writing. Working, and Driving In The Rain

It's currently 1:40am. 

I work tomorrow morning.

I should be in bed right now. 

Sleeping.

But I'm not.

Granted, I'm purging a story scene out of my head before I go to bed, but still... I really should be asleep now... or trying to at least.

I cooked tonight so that's a plus.

I made rice... and some chicken apple sausage, onions, garlic, and some salsa-type thing I added to the mix. I also followed a recipe to make pickled onions by Ethan Chlebowski. We'll see how that goes. I'm hoping to like it. I probably will. I also want to try pickling some veggies in general since watching Irene Walton's video, but I think that will have to wait until I get my reorganization project to a workable better stopping point. I don't want the chaos of my home to be any more chaotic than it needs to be.

Speaking of chaos, I'm going to try and get some sleep - or at least see if laying down will help inspire my mind to conk out, and then the rest of me would surely follow... right? We shall see.

[And we're back!]

It's Sunday! - and it's later than I expected to add to this post.

I had to work... after work went to Target to get some things... a few things they didn't have (and they were also reorganizing departments, so signage showed what used to be there, but new stuff was there now... so WTactualF?!

After work, I came home. I drove in the rain - slightly tense about it, but I did okay. The randomness o people speeding up then slowing down just irks me, and in the rain (due to the many car accidents I've been in) it seems to get worse, and I hate it.

On my way home, I made a pit stop at Krispy Kreme to get donuts (since they have new mini donuts). I'm also PMS'ing so come at me bro! I'll crush you.

Where the hell did that come from?

When I got home, I showered to deep condition my hair (which it needed SOOO much). I made chicken wraps for dinner and made my newly pickled red onions, and I will say - I quite enjoyed them. 

For a nightcap, I made a Forbidden Sour (courtesy of Liquor.com). To be completely honest, I thought I had Pomegranate Liqueur, but I only had framboise liqueur and pomegranate sparkling soda. I just used the framboise instead, and it was fine.

Called my mom twice via FaceTime, but when she eventually called me back, she had been sleeping (which I figured). We chatted a bit - she was surprised how long we chatted for which I don't think was that long, but meh - I have no idea how she gages time.

Question - of the cocktail recipe asked for ounces, and you use a shot glass as a measuring tool, and you pour enough for two drinks for the first drink and the same for the second, is that technically four drinks? I used a tall glass to make the first drink in, and it looked like a small tumbler's worth. I mean, it really doesn't matter. The only thing I think the "four drinks" is doing is helping me get to sleep quicker.

Granted it's currently 1:23am so maybe it's not helping all that much. Maybe the booze combined with powerloss - but I'm still awake so...

I suppose I should log off and hit the sack. I just yawned - which could mean I'm ready for sleep... or just a fake-out and my insomnia is somewhere in the dark laughing at me.

I need a new chair for my desk. The chair I currently have is molting as well as occasionally shrinking. It's not happy-making in the slightest. I should not feel like a Lollipop Guild member in my own home.

Okay, I'm babbling now. I think I'll end things here and "try" to fall asleep before something else nonsensical spill from my mind, down my body to my arms, hand, and fingers, and is type out for everyone to see.

Yeah, that last line is definite proof I should log off, shut the lights off, crawl under the covers, and dream pretty dreams. [Looks at my subconscious with a wink: "You know which ones."]

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae 

No comments:

Post a Comment