Monday, February 1, 2021

In The Hall Of The Mountain King (And Other Life Snippets)


I should be going to bed right now... but since I had a napcident earlier, that ship has sailed... or rather "been postponed" until sometime later.

It's 12:44am. I'm hoping I'm unconscious by 1am.

I worked today. Toward the end of work, I had a hankering for a donut. I placed a drive-thru order with Dunkin Donuts, picked up my tasty treats, then headed down the street to the gas station to feed Nameless, and then headed home.

I ate my donuts (two valentine themed ones) and drank my "pink velvet" iced coffee with oat milk (it was delicious!) while I watched the latest episode of American Gods. After that, I turned on some music (classical contemporary), and then laid down for some reason or another... got cold, which then resulted in getting under the covers... and then "lights out."

I think I was only out a few hours - and even though it's said that the average nap is about two hours - I still feel bad in a way that I fell asleep. Not sure why.

Woke up and felt hungry so I heated up some leftovers - salmon with butter and garlic rice. Yum!

I didn't eat my lunch today at work... so I left it in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch: chicken on broccoli on rice. I guess my breakfast was more filling than I thought it would be - well, for much longer than I thought it would be. Overnight Oats... but with granola instead of oats. It's actually pretty good: granola, PB2/protein powder, collagen powder, chia seeds, honey, and oat milk. And in a much smaller mason jar/container than I've used before. Quite filling. (I also snacked on small a blueberry muffin... most likely the two small portions combined into "don't have lunch - wait until after work and get donuts instead.")

On the way to Dunkin Donuts, the DJ on the radio station I happened to be listening to said that we're getting more rain starting mid-Monday, but that it should clear up by Wednesday? I'm fine with the rain, but no serious storms, please. The one night I went to bed late, slept maybe a couple hours, and then the high winds outside made it sound like something hit the side of the building. After that, I couldn't fall asleep right away - and then when I managed to pass out again, my alarms went off, and I had to start getting ready for work.

I don't like driving in the rain due to flashbacks to my first major car accident where some guy crashed into me from behind - totaling my car. I also don't care for it since people drive like maniacs in the rain. Normal weather? Normal crazy (if there's such a thing). The more hazardous weather conditions, the more Evil Knievel/Jackass moments happen. I'll be home, safe and sound, and I hear the traffic passing by - horns, engines revving, peeling out from a red light, sirens... I keep thinking I'm going to hear a loud crash after any of those noises. Makes me all tense.

Kinda wanted a cocktail tonight. Yes, I know it doesn't solve my problems, but it's a nice nightcap to an otherwise crappy past few days. But alas, no drinkie-poo. Still... a girl can dream, eh?

I tried to do my taxes today, but apparently, they're not taking California taxes as of yet. I'm assuming it's due to Covid and the tax extension date to July (I think). So I just have to keep coming back and checking if/when I can file. 

Oh! Something random! 

I have the game "Shoot the Moon" on my phone and have been haunted by the damn song the moon sings - which he sings faster and faster as the game goes on. Then on my classical contemporary channel on my music app, it played a cover of Maroon 5's "Move Like Jagger" by Two Plus Four... and they incorporate part of the song from the game... and it's been bugging me since I know I've heard it from somewhere and know the song... probably from my childhood Looney Tunes day where most kids received their first taste of classical music. But yesterday I found it. Grieg's "In the Hall of the Mountain King."

YAY!

Something happened at work recently which still irks me but it's been waning since it happened. I'm just going to leave it here.

And would you look at that? It's 1:15am. I'm going to end this, brush my teeth, hit the sack, and hopefully have awesomely lovely dreams. Not a tremendously interesting blog post, but meh - at least I'm not only writing something here but feeling the "want" to write here. I don't want to say I've got any of my mojo back, but we'll see how this year pans out.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment