Monday, April 12, 2021

Storytime - A Dream During Naptime


Since I worked this past Saturday, I took today off in exchange so I wouldn't have overtime.

And today, I took a nap... and had a dream...

I think I was on a holiday of some kind - maybe like one of those group getaways they advertise on the radio but just to meet new people - nothing for singles, etc. - just to get you out of the house and try new things.

We were someplace sunny (and maybe tropical), and we all took part in some type of scavenger hunt, but (at least for the small group I was with) it ended up being real.

The only part I remember was going into a room and pulling out some scroll to read what I assume was a clue or directions/instructions. The door closed as I started to read aloud - and there was no other exit. A section of the wall opened up and out came an Egyptian mummy (don't ask me how I knew it was Egyptian, I just did) - dark ashen skeletal face with red eyes. I thought I saw a "crown" of some kind, and loose bandages and shredded fabric that used to be clothes... but the bandages that covered his eyes and mouth had worn away so I could see some semblance of a face.

I'm not sure if there were any other members of my group, but I remember a woman and a man. The mummy came at me - maybe since I was holding/reading the scroll - and the woman grabbed the mummy from behind, holding his arms - which were most solid than they really should have been - and since he couldn't reach me with his arms, he would breathe this weird smoke and blow it toward me, and I saw whatever skin it touched start to age... but then go back to normal when the smoke would dissipate.

The man in my group knew languages but immediately gave up as if he expected to die. I tried to get him to help me read the rest of the scroll since I could only read a little bit of it, but the man was no help and crumpled in defeat in the corner.

I could hear the woman doing her best to keep the mummy from me - the smoke attacking her skin the way it had done mine.

I tried to read the scroll the best I could. It was about him. He was a king, and he had died (during war/battle) and left his queen alone. There was also mention of the queen being pregnant and giving birth a few months later after the king's passing.

Hearing this, the mummy stopped fighting. He just stood there and listened. Noticing this, the woman let go of the mummy's arms and asked what the rest of the scroll said. I read what I could - his name, his queen's name, and their son's name on the scroll. There were also markings/sketches of them. The mummy slowly walked toward me, all the while staring at the scroll. Standing before me, he stared at it, and sensing he was sad, I offered it to him. He took it and seemed to read it for himself. He said his queen's name and "my son" as well as his son's name.

In another part of the room, a door opened to sunshine, and the mummy said without looking from the scroll, "You may go." A part of me didn't want to leave him, but the woman was leading me out, and I think I remember him saying, "Thank you."

We were out in the open at the resort again which seemed to be some kind of large resort/amusement park. My steps were slow as I was overcome with emotion thinking still of the mummy as if I was consumed with the sorrow he was feeling. I began to sob uncontrollably, unable to move and eventually falling to the ground and staying there until I stopped.

...
...
...

And thus ends my dream...

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment