Friday, August 30, 2013

A Horse Named Charlie

I would imagine that if you could understand Morse code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy.
-Mitch Hedburg

Today is Friday, and I'm at work. I'm tired. A little cranky. A little loopy. And I can't fathom why the hell people are obsessed with my car.

Yeah sure I got hit twice in the span of five months, but come on.

I'm not upset, I just wonder why they're all acting like this. It's almost like a Valley of the Dolls kind of thing. My car has been a popular hangout, admired, respected, I have been compliments many a time. The other day one of my co-workers came up to me and said, "That yo' car?" I said, "Yeah." He said, "Sweet ride. You like a boss!"

So yeah, that's been on my mind this morning aside from hating my body. I think it's funny that I'm listening to the audiobook of The Fault in Our Stars (by the wonderful John Green), and my left leg is all peg-leggy feeling right now. The day of my chiro appointment, I woke up, stretched, and got a mean-ass Charlie horse on the calf of my LEFT LEG. So not only is the contusion all bruisey and achey... not only have my ankle and knee been competing to see who can make me bitchier... but now I have a frakkin knot the size of Saturn on my left leg, and it's making me walk like a pirate and completely unhappy.

The chiro saw that I was walking a little off, and we talked about it. I told him it had only been really crappy for the past few days, and he joked that it seemed two weeks apart visits seemed the perfect amount of time for me. After the stim table (which felt weird since all the electrodes were concentrated on the left side of my lower back it made my left ass cheek twitch which was odd yet... not), we went to his treatment room where he poked and prodded my lower left back. I think he was doing some acupressure stuff which I'm sure helped but at the moment just felt like salt and acid on an open wound. Then he adjusted my back, and later came the ankle which wasn't all that bad compared to how it felt for the past few days. We talked about my leg and different stretches to help me out and what to do about Charlie horses and that was that.

The shitty thing about the Charlie horse is that I can't really stretch until it goes away. When I try to, this little bundle of fuck you in my leg restricts me from completing and enjoying a full stretch. It's kind of like when you yawn and your friend puts their finger in your mouth, interrupting said yawn, and you get all moody? Yeah. THAT... only worse. Even keeping the limb bent is slightly painful.

Dammit! I just want my leg back.

In writing news, still writing random Leverage fanfic scenes from the season storyline/arc that I have going on in my noggin. It's kind of like the story/novel ideas I get: I have this general "I know where everything goes and in what order" outline in my head, but making it all cohesive as well as comprehendible and entertaining is the real challenge. Granted I have said that I am a selfish writer, but there is that sick part of me that wants everyone to like me, so... yeah, I'm dysfunctional, I know. In any case, I'd really like to get the fanfic stuff out of my head or at least pushed aside so I can work on other stuff, but it's not looking like that's going to happen anytime soon. Hopefully they can play well together so I can at least get some work done.

*sigh*
*shrug*
*sigh*

Speaking of work. I should get back to that. LOL!

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment