Monday, August 26, 2013

Aches, Pains and Games

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
-Narrator from "Fight Club"

It's me again. Trying to keep up with all this shiznit. Man I'm tired already, but I'll get to that later. I only updated one story since last time, and that would be (drum roll please...):

Okay. So the tired thing. I have NO idea WHY I'm tired.

So I've been working the 10am-7pm shift a lot lately, which means due to housemates and commute (and my hair), I set my alarm for 8am. Since getting a car, I've been leaving home around 9am, taking surface streets (still a little phobic of the freeway during commuter hours) and have been getting to work around 9:30am or so. Leave a little later, get to work around 9:40am-9:45am.

This morning one of my leads opened, and just as I was getting up (my alarm hadn't gone off yet), she texts me to ask if I could come in early since she wasn't feeling well and had puked a couple times. I told her that I would get to the office as soon as I could then hopped in the shower, primped myself up for public consumption and headed to the office. I arrived a little before 9:30am, and I was surprised to find her here (thought she was texting me from home). She had been waiting for me to arrive before she left. The temp guy got in late due to traffic (I have no idea where he's coming from). There was another CS member here and then our other lead showed up for his shift at 11am.

But that's neither here nor there.

I got up at the same time, did my usual thing, left home at the same time, got to work when I got to work. So why do I feel so sluggish? Kathy W thinks it might have to do with the amount of sleep I got in comparison. I would say I got the same thinking back on it now... or maybe it's the illusion of the text waking me and not my alarm or... I dunno. The fact is I'm tired.

I was going to stay an hour later to do some production stuff, but seeing as I've been doing it during the slow parts of my shift and came in early and am still feeling wonky...? Yeah. Not today.

Plus side is that I got here in time to grab a donut (which are ordered on Mondays and Fridays). Usually all the good ones are snatched up by the drivers. I put a chocolate donut on a plate, and my friend Tom G passed me by and snatched it right off my plate. Immediately I said, "You best put that back." Of course being a snot, he didn't. "Boy, I will kick you in the ding-ding if you don't gimme my donut back." I walked up to him, and one of the chic drivers said, "She will kick you in the ding-ding." He picked it up and made to hand it to me, but kept pulling it back. Finally I snatched it out of his hand, put it alongside another donut I snagged, and walked off saying something like, "Don't you ever take a girl's donut."

He came by later to bug me again, and I was typing something up and made a pouty face and said, "No, I'm tired." He just came by to say "hi" and let me know he was almost done with the Stephen King paperback he was reading (Different Seasons), and said I was getting it next. (I'm still working on Catching Fire which he wants next so we'll see. It'll just be another book to add to my "to be read" collection.

I remember the days when I read faster. Maybe I'm getting old. Maybe I need to jumpstart my brain.

Jumper Cables + My Brain + Car Battery = ... bad idea...

Anyway, the second donut (not the one I stole back from Tom) is still sitting on the plate I put it on atop the computer tower of the station I'm sitting at. I don't want to throw it away, but I don't really want to eat it now, either.

And I can't wait to see my chiropractor this week. My back, knee, shin, ankle... they all hate me.

So now instead of working OT, I'll be headed to Kathy's to play MUNCHKIN with a friend from out of town. I asked if they needed anything, and she said drinks are always welcome. I think I can do that. 

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment