Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hi. My name is Slacker. Please save your tomatoes until the end. Thank you.

If you *really* wanted to screw me up, you should've gotten to me *earlier*.
~Rob from the movie "High Fidelity"

It's been a whole month!

Yes. I know. I suck. But let me explain.

No wait. I just suck.

Frak the fact that I haven't truly written in a few weeks now.

Frak the fact that when I was writing, I didn't blog any (which you might be able to forgive since I was, in fact, WRITING, but I digress.)

Frak the fact that I was sick with allergies that made my head want to explode, my throat hoarse with nasal drippings, and my nose so crazy I was sneezing about every half-second.

Frak the fact that I've been insomnia's bitch for most (if not all) of last month.

Frak the fact that I took a weekend off to visit with my family (and visiting with them, I NEVER get any writing done... EVER.)  Just note NaNoWriMo last year.

Frak the fact that recently I had to deal with acid reflux, dehydration and allergies.

Frak all of that.

[looks at above]

Wow. That's a lot of frak.

And frak that I'm only single-spacing between sentences. Ohhh, I know, I'm a bad girl rebel without a clue.

Blah blah blah.

So I'm trying to get into the swing of things. Really I am. But there has been so much wear and tear on my body lately, my brain has this stream of creativity running along the back of it, and if I could just merely think my thoughts onto the page (whether written or typed), I'd have so much crap put down you could hardly shake a stick at it.

Where did that saying come from? The "stick shaking" one. Why the frak would you want to shake a stick at something. Sounds like you're just asking for trouble one way or the other if you ask me. You're either a tease or a troublemaker... and neither in a good way.

Onwards...

I think stress has got me licked lately (and again, not in a nice way). I'm not going to bore you with all the details of my life, but let's just say all is not well in my world. I need a leprechaun, a voodoo priestess, a shaman, a double-rainbow, a pot of gold, a horseshoe, a four-leaf clover and whatever anyone can find in order to get my life back in order (which it has been out of for quite some time).

But that's enough of that.

So aside from trying to figure things out in my novels, I have been having these dreams that have been weird yet also posing new story ideas... THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MY CURRENT NOVEL PROJECTS!!!

The goal for the day is to head to the library, do some writing (including the dream whose memory will just not leave me alone), and make it closer to my goal of happy happy joy joy (aka finishing a novel). Still need to stake out some contests to enter in attempts to get published... you know, that whole GOAL of mine before my next birthday.

Yay! Let's hear it for the elderly! (To which, I mean ME!!!)

Anyway...

While away this weekend, I chatted with my fellow writing buddy Oscar, and it got my creative juices flowing again. He's one of my writing pals that has actually gone to a writing conference. Other friends of mine (Chris R. and Maggie, for example) have gone to Clarion. Yeah, I'm jealous. If I had that kind of time and fundage, I would totally go, but I don't so...

*whimper whimper sob whimper*

Writing conferences and workshops are something that I would LOVE to do but then again are completely afraid of... so that's kind of why I want to do them. Perhaps it's a kick in the ass I need.

I've looked into taking a summer course or something for writing but for frak sakes, it seems if you want to do anything but writing commercials, you'll have to sell your sell your soul, your first born and a kidney made from the tears of Jesus just to make a class for a few weeks.

Frak me up the ass with a pine cone, that just seems pretty redonkulous to me!

I've had writing dates with Maggie before as well as her and Chris R. None with Oscar. The writing dates as with the chats with my friends have seemed to really help. Even if no writing gets done, at least the "round robin" discussion of it all gets the mind working and hopefully something good comes out of it.

I really did like sitting with Oscar and having a nice writers heart-to-heart. We need to do that more often.

And now it is up to me. None of my writer friends are nearby anymore. They were either out of town to begin with or moved away recently. Then there are some that just prefer to work on their own... which I can dig. I need some alone time to really get into something at first. But then once in the groove, I can just go with it.

So now I'm all alone.

Lonely writer looking for fellow writer companions to chat and write with.

Okay... it's getting a little late (ahem - 4:10am - ahem), and I really should be finishing this post and getting the hell out of dodge so I can finish the other stuff I've been wanting to finish before the sun rises.

Or maybe I'll just stay up all day until the end of the night. That might work... right?

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment