Monday, June 27, 2011

Goodnight Sweetheart, Well... It's Time To Go...

"My hands are locked up tight in fists
My mind is racing, filled with lists
of things to do and things I've done
Another sleepless night's begun"
~from the song "Who Needs Sleep?" by The Barenaked Ladies

Hello my darlings!

I will try to make this quick seeing as I'm sleepy and am hoping to fall into Slumberland soon after I do this post (which I've been mentally saying to myself that I've been going to do for the past few days).

But that's neither here nor there.

As y'all know, I've been participating in the Clarion West Write-A-Thon since Sunday - June 19th (aka Father's Day).  My goal was to write (at least) 500 words a day in attempts to add on to (and/or possibly finish) my NaNoWriMo novel from last year.

Let me update you of my daily progress, shall I?

Sunday, June 19th - 529
Monday, June 20th - 588
Tuesday, June 21st - 694
Wednesday, June 22nd - 545
Thursday, June 23rd - 619
Friday, June 24th - 578
Saturday, June 25 - 623

Not counting this Sunday, I've done a little over 4k in words.  If I actually did 500/day, my "at least" weekly limit would be 3,500, and I've passed that by at least a day's worth of words.

*high-five myself!*

I really need to organize and plot out my work.  As it is, most of my novel as of last year and this year (pre-Write-A-Thon) is in one place.  And then there's my thumb drive.

What I have is my work in one document with notes in places I couldn't think of what to say or how to say it but knew what I wanted to "kinda/sorta" happen there.

As for 500/day bits, to help keep track, I've been saving a document per day, and each day I write a new scene or more of a old one (that I can remember without looking at the thumb drive or whatever).  Most days I go until my brain shuts off.  Others I just go until I hit at least 500 and then call it a night due to my being brain/body/soul tired.

In all honesty, I don't necessarily fall right to sleep when I shut down, turn off the lights and tuck myself in.  Sometimes I just lay there, unable to fall asleep.

Oh to fall asleep when you wanted to and for how long you wanted to.  Wow!  What a super power THAT would be!!! 

In other writing news, I tried writing that 700 (maximum) piece regarding an old love.  Only one comes to mind, and I've already written about him, but now I'm trying to write it differently in 700 words or less.

I think I can do it... maybe...

There are other writing bits that I'm looking into, but I think for them to truly pan out (especially one in particular), I'm going to have to work on breaking down some inner walls of paranoia and fear and start boosting my self-confidence.

Trying to compartmentalize my present fears and drama and keep that separate from my writing since it's a little toxic.  The two are like oil and vinegar (if you know what I mean.)

Okay, my eyes are getting watery and droopy, and I keep slouching more and more as I write.  Oh good gravy.  Goodnight y'all!

Later my lovelies!

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment