Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Labor Day Weekend


I'm going to write this fast - or at least try to - due to the fact that it's late, I'm getting a little tired, and I've had a couple cocktails (blood orange soda and vodka to be exact).

My weekend was full of adulting, some fun, and nesting about my apartment.

Friday was spent leaving work, heading to the post office to get a money order for rent, and then passing the frak out once I got home. (Powerloss has started and that plus the non-sleep I'd been getting, and maybe a little bit of the heat, I guess my body decided after I'd changed into some comfy clothes, opened my window, turned on my fans, it was time to knock right out.

I think I passed out around 5pm and didn't wake up (ish) until about 8-9am the next day. I've had days like that where even if I had every intention of doing something or had an inkling of maybe going back out, my body has told me "No! You need rest!" And then I'm in a coma for several hours - or longer depending on what my body needs.

I think I had some weird dream where I was dating James McAvoy who was invited to a friends outing with my friends, but I wasn't told about it. Instead, he had invited to go out of town with him, and when we got to the meeting place, I saw a group of my friends he'd apparently met through me - two of which were RJ and Kathy who just sat on the other side of this picnic table some of us were sitting on looking at me like Stepford-Friends. Then when James asked me what was wrong, I snuggled close to him and explained quickly and quietly that when he asked me out for the weekend, I thought it would be just us and didn't realize it was a group outing - none of my friends told me about, and I don't think they intended for me to be here. He looked at me sympathetically, apologized, and kissed me - holding me closer to him.

Saturday was comfortable. I showered, washed/deep-conditioned/color-refreshed/detangled my hair, plotted out my day/weekend. I drank some cold brew and snacked while I paid some bills before heading out to Livermore.

Backstory: There was a Maidenform store in the mall near me - like 10-15min away - where I would get my bras. I'm a pretty basic woman, and I would get a light beige/tan bra and a black one and call it a day. They'd often have sales as well, but there was one style bra I always got. I didn't have to try it on - I'd just go in, find my size on the rack, buy the damn things, and head elsewhere. But I guess I hadn't been to the mall - or at least that end of the mall - in a while, and they closed that location. I searched them online, and the only other two locations near me were Gilroy and Livermore. Gilroy I knew was an outlet area since I drove past it all the time when heading out of town for family visits, but it was also further way and would likely be more chaotic. So I opted for Livermore.

I didn't realize that was an outlet, too! Sheesh! [insert long list of obscenities here]

Getting there was a bit of a task since the Pleasanton Highland Games were happening nearby so I opted for a different freeway exit... which didn't help too much in the way of traffic, but I eventually go the mall and eventually found a parking space (that parking lot is ree-dick-yoo-luss!!!) There were some high-end stores there - Gucci and Tory Burch to name a couple - which had lines out the door since for security/maximum occupancy measures. Luckily I didn't want to go into either of those stores, but when I finally found a directory (at which point a man and his family just walked right in front of me, blocking my view and taking longer than I would have liked to get the frak out of my way), I didn't see a listing for Maidenform anywhere. I then decided to walk around thinking MAYBE there would be a bra store somewhere that wasn't frakkin Gucci or whatever.

I turned a corner and saw a sign that said HANES - and as I got closer, the sign read in smaller font some brands they carried there - one of which was Maidenform. (Can I get an AMEN?!)

I went in, found my section near the entrance, grabbed a few different styles in my size, and headed to the fitting room.

Quick fitting room story: The rooms were behind a wall behind he cashiers desk, and I had asked an employee if I just go right in, and he said yes. The room I chose was somewhere in the middle of the several that were there, but people kept knocking or trying to open my door. Every time I heard a knock or hear the handle turn - the door was locked so no one could get in - I would say "Hello?" and most of the time they'd stop, but a few people kept trying, and I would again say "Hello?" The last person as I was prepping to leave the room apologized when she heard me in there, and I heard her say, "It says vacant" to which I laughed and said, "That's weird since I'm in here, and I locked the door." We both laughed it off, and I left the room.

I ended up buying four bras and left to explore the outlet mall some more (since I had ended up paying for prime parking, I was going to get my parking fee's worth. By the end of my outlet extravaganza, I visited the Disney store, bought two mugs (one Genie and one Stitch), got some boba tea (tried yogurt popping boba for the first time - lovely), and some popcorn chicken with sweet chili sauce before heading out to visit Wifey (aka my friend Kim).

Kim, her man Tom and their friend Chris were participating in the Pleasanton Games with friends, but since they lived nearby, went home instead of camping on-site. I stopped by their place on my way home to visit for a bit. We had pizza, chatted, and then we were all starting to fade so I went home, and they all went to bed to rest up for another day at the games.

Sunday I woke up later than intended and did some adulting outside the home. I went to Big Lots, Barnes & Noble, Home Goods, Target, and Nob Hill.

  • Big Lots was to see if they had another small fan (they did not). 
  • Barnes & Noble was to browse their planners (I ended up getting two - plus two notebooks).
  • Home Goods was for a specific scented candle. (I had looked up scents that helped with focus and productivity, and rosemary on the list. I thought I had seen rosemary candles before, but either they're not in season or they're all hiding from me. I just added some rosemary essential oil to my diffuser... but still, I'd like a candle for when I'm working at my desk.)
  • Target was for some groceries (non-perishables since I knew that Nob Hill was the only place I could get some things that were perishable so I was saving that for last). 
  • Nob Hill was for Oat Milk (there's apparently a specific brand I really dig that they carry that I can't find anywhere else), coffee creamer, some sweet apple sausage (to replace the stuff my brother used while he and his family visited last when he made dinner), and a few impulse purchases (like avocado ice cream - I got two flavors: chocolate and lemon).

And then home.

There's something oddly satisfying I find about grocery shopping - it's the getting home and putting stuff away - reorganizing my fridge, drawers, etc. I like that stuff.

Monday was another late wake-up day. (I had the holiday off - so YAY!) I showered (not my hair which saved a lot of time). Then after taking care of my face (I'd washed it in the shower, but out of the shower, I serumed, moisturized, and then later lightly make-up'd my face since even though I wasn't going anywhere, I did it "just because").

I made a list of things to do for the day - a realistic list that I felt I could accomplish most of.

  • Emptied my suitcase and stowed it back in my closet
  • Sorted, washed, and dried laundry
  • Washed some dishes
  • Made some cold brew
  • Cleared off most of the junk from the past few weeks that was on my big rug
  • Tidied up my desk area a bit
  • Started working on my planner
  • Cleared the space in front of my dresser to prep for its reorganization
  • Attempted to "fix" the humidifier that I bought off Amazon
  • Made dinner
There were other things on my list, but it could be done the next day and throughout the week. I felt really accomplished on where I left off.

Then it was off to bed... to get ready for work.

And that was my holiday weekend. 

How was everyone else's?

On a blog-note, I'm still trying to figure out a schedule, etc, so bear with me. I'm hoping to write on a more regular basis, but what that "regular basis" will be, I'm still toying with. But alas - I'm working on it and hopefully will decide on something soon.

Until then...

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment