Monday, January 7, 2019

I Actually Went Outside Today

Q: Today was tough because _______?
A: ... it was raining, and errands needed to be done/started.
Q&A a Day: A 5-Year Journal

Happy Thought of the Day (HTOTD): Soup.
The Happiness Project - One-Sentence Journal/The Happiness Project/Gretchen Rubin

*******
Look at me! Doing this on the same day it's supposed to go out? Who am I?

It's about 9pm on a Sunday (and my mind just went to "Piano Man" by Billy Joel, though in that song it's 9 o'clock on a Saturday). 

Since it was raining today, all I wanted to do was stay in and read or play video games or watch shows or write... but I knew I had to at least air up my tires (and I'm glad I did since apparently, they needed it). My hands got a little numb when working on the tires, and I got a little more drenched than I thought I would, but in the end, ya girl's tires are full.

After that, I headed to HomeGoods to look for a new trash can and bath mats as well as a toilet paper holder (you know, the kind that holds extra rolls). The one I went to had rearranged their sections so I had to go looking for everything again. When I walked in, there was a HUGE line waiting for the cashiers. I'm fine with waiting in line, but I made the decision that if I didn't find all or least a majority of the things I wanted, I wasn't going to buy anything. (There's another HomeGoods near work that I can visit tomorrow.) 

Also before I left home, a friend posted on Instagram that she was having soup and staying indoors, and it made me want soup again. I had basic soup (butternut squash), but I wanted to put stuff in it.so after HomeGoods, I hit the Whole Foods down the street (arguably my favorite location since it seems to be the biggest). I ended up getting WAY more than I originally intended (it's always like that with Whole Foods and Target), and then I headed home. In a large deep pan coated with coconut oil, I cut up some small purple potatoes, regular potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, onions, and Brussel sprouts - cooked them for a bit and then added the soup. It turned out all right but tasted like it was missing something. The soup I had was low sodium, but I figured all the other seasonings I add would be fine, but then when I later added a pinch of salt to the bowl I was eating, I realized it was salt that was missing - but I was good and didn't add that much.

The groceries have all been put away, and the soup has been packed up (and seasoned) for lunches this week. So now I'm sitting in the dark with a few candles burning, and my oil diffuser on (I chose to leave it on the purple light since it's my favorite).

Usually, I listen to instrumental classical on Google Music, but I'm currently listening to some live radio via YouTube - "lofi hip hop - chill study/relax beats" - it's pretty nice. The music, the candles, the hot toddy... it's definitely a mood.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow. I mean - yeah, I know I have to work and all that, but I just want to stay home and take care of home things. Plus I need to plot/plan for the weekend. This Tuesday is my niece's birthday - she'll be eleven. They're throwing her a party this weekend and said they could extend it to the following weekend if I couldn't make it (realizing it was short notice). Since I most likely will have to work the second weekend due to people having RTO and no one else to cover - it'll most likely be this weekend. 

Just wish it wasn't raining. I don't like driving in the rain. I'm fine. It's other people. I don't understand what it is about having obstacles that disturb your driving that make people want to drive crazier than usual. It's wet, flooded, and visibility is not that great - oh I know! I'll gas it and possibly collide with someone... or a lot more than someone.

And now I look over at my phone, and something I was posting to IG was taking forever to load and is finally up. Sheesh.

And the yawning starts. Blah.

Notice how I posted the time as 9pm when I started... while I was cooking and doing other stuff... so now it's past midnight and I'm yawning, and I should hit the sack... but I'm going to end this blog post, turn on my classical music, and try and do a little bit of writing.

Here's hoping this week isn't going to suck too bad for any of us.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment