Thursday, December 1, 2016

Blogmas - Day 1

I'm not a vlogger by any means.

I don't even think of myself as a blogger, really - since I've essentially been crap at it for a while now.

But I am a watcher of various vloggers and creators on YouTube so I thought perhaps I would do a written version of video making - Blogmas - posts starting on December 1st and leading all the way up to Christmas Eve? Yeah, I think that's it. And I think the posts are supposed to be Christmas-themed... so I'll do my best.

Today was a ME day - meaning I took myself out after work. Earlier in the week I had bought myself a ticket for a Fathom Events showing of the musical She Loves Me - my last birthday present to myself - and all through the day I had been thinking of two things -- the show and the holidays and all the things I need to get done.

I need to get my Christmas list to my brother and his family - and get there's in return. I need to deal with work and plan for the holidays around work. I'm a little stressed about work since the December schedule isn't up yet. We were told that it's essentially the same as last month... but my manager is still working out the holiday days - of which being a lead I thought I was off all holidays, but it seems I may have to work them, especially since we're short-handed - I have no idea what is going on with my holiday this year. Both Christmas and New Year's fall on weekends - of which I have off - but I can't help but feel I'm going to get screwed somehow.

In other news, I'm debating on getting a tree. I didn't have one last year in my new place, and the woman I rented from before didn't celebrate holidays so... I've been missing it.

We had a tree since I was a kid, and then when my parents divorced, my mom got a fake one which after several years she threw out, and I didn't know. Christmas came around that year, and there was no tree.

My brother has happily kept up the tradition with his wife and family so that's all good. I was a little wary to get one since I have a studio apartment and little space, but I hadn't had one in so long... I'm leaning toward getting a small fake one to put up every year - just for me. We'll see.

Other than that, the show was lovely. AND it ends at Christmastime so... it's appropriate for Blogmas. YAY!

And now I am home, and in much need of sleep since Blogmas has started on a Thursday, and I have to be up early in the morning.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment