Tuesday, April 7, 2015

It's Raining...

It's been a while, hasn't it?

I apologize. I've been busy getting myself sorted in my life and my new place. It's only been a couple weeks, and it still feels weird, but it's really good to get out of the old place. Landlady was nice and all, but there was just too much drama there, too much noise, not enough peace and stillness. I must say though... it was weird waking up after my first night here to the sound of nothing - no dogs, ranting phone calls, slamming open and close of doors...

It's nice here.

I have no real furniture. Just my bed, some dresser/nightstand pieces, and a bookshelf. Even for a studio apartment, it still feels empty. I'm currently "internet window shopping" for a writing desk and a table/chairs to fill in the rest of the room. I thought I might like a sofa, but I think that would be pushing it in the space department.

I also would like a rack to go over the toilet in the bathroom so I have more storage space. At present I went through most of my bathroom stuff, and even though there are minimal items on the counter, I think the extra storage space would be nice.

There are other items here and there I'd like to get, but I'm fine for now. *baby steps*

The packing and the moving part of a move is my least favorite part. The unpacking and organizing/decorating... yeah, I love that. There have been nights when I've come home from work and have sworn to myself that I'm going to have an early night and sleep as soon as I get home. Instead I end up sorting through the remaining boxes I have and moving things around. Currently I have a pile of stuff by the front door to sort (for the bathroom), to donate (clothes), to repack and put in the closet/storage (clothes/shoes/bags). I also have recycling and trash to take care of. I FINALLY got some dish soap and a sponge so what small amount of dishes I do have are now clean.

I'm currently sitting in my bed, Indian-style, the covers over my lap, laptop resting on my right foot tilting it up for me to look at. It's raining, too. I get to enjoy the sounds of the rain in my new apartment. It's so nice. I was with Jon S earlier - he was helping me with my abysmal taxes, but they're done now. As I was leaving, he said it was going to rain again... sometime in the next hour from when I was leaving to possibly 6pm tomorrow night.

I love the sound of rain. It's lovely. *happy-making*

I really should be in bed... sleeping, I mean. I just thought I'd write a little update telling everyone that I've moved, and everything is all right, and I'm quite content in my little piece of peace. (I still need to find a name for my lovely little parcel, but in the meantime, I think I'm just going to finish my inaugural cup of tea in my new place and try and get some sleep. (Insomnia is still a thing... just hoping it won't be as much of a thing in the coming months.)

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment