Friday, June 29, 2012

Feeling Better - Hope It Stays That Way

My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes. That's a sentence I read once and I say it over to comfort myself in these times that try the soul. 
-Anne Shirley from "Anne of Green Gables"

So just to get them out of the way (and seeing as I actually did some story blog updates that I completely forgot about since lately it feels like the universe has been using me as its personal punching bag of DOOM!), here are some updates.

Story blog updates (in no particular order)...
Still need to work on stuff for...
  • The Curly Muse
  • Kearie
  • Enyo
Works In Progress (ish)...
  • Results of the Writers' Wheels-O-Wonder
  • Story A Day for May
  • Second Draft for Jenny S and Chris M
  • Chloe (novel)*
  • Abby (novel)*
Now all of that is out of the way...

Man, I haven't touched either of my novels in a while.  I REALLY need to change that.  I think of them all the time, but right now my mind seems really preoccupied with the second draft of the Jenny S/Chris M story though I'm finding it difficult to get back to my inner creepy.

Quick, Rae.  Think.  What would MacGyver do?

Looking over everything, I think I have about four more story blogs to update by tomorrow which would make me happy as a clam if I could pull it off.  As it is, I was thinking about writing a poem for The Curly Muse, but I started to write a story for the next prompt for "a boy, a girl, and a line..." (courtesy of Jillian S) so I might just use that as an update and do John S's as an update for that story blog next month.  I'm not totally done with Jillian S's prompt yet, but it's getting there.  I have an idea of how I want it to end, but I definitely need to work on the beginning.

I'm not really good with stuff in space... as shown by this story... but I'm going to try.

In other news, lately my sinuses have been pissing me off.  I have this thing when the weather changes (I think it's humidity or something), my sinuses get all whacked out and rebel against the rest of my body leaving my head to suffer the brunt of it.  Most of the time it's fine if the whether is somewhat constant... giving my body time to adjust and get a handle on things.  But when it fluctuates a lot, I get sinus migraines which are not happy-making in the slightest.  All I want to do is lay down until it goes away, the pressure against my pillow making my head feel better.  But then I can't really write or read a book laying down flat, and I eventually pass out.  And then waking up and the headache is still there?

For the past few days, my nose has been runny and draining into my throat (yeah, I know... gross).  I've been sneezing a lot so I thought it was allergies, but I guess I got a cold (a little one, maybe).  I haven't been coughing, and the sniffling and sneezing have gone away, but my throat is still sore from all the drainage, and towards the end of the day, it hurts to swallow.  I freaked out a little since several years ago, my throat swelled up, and I couldn't eat anything too big or solid.  The stupid doctor gave me pills the size of watermelons (let's hear it for hyperbole, ladies and jellyspoons), and it took a long time for me actually get the damn thing down.  It was like reverse childbirth, but instead of expelling something the size of a watermelon out through something the size of a pea, I was trying to swallow a pill the size of a watermelon down my throat which had swollen shut to the size of a pea.

Mega discomfort I never want to go through again.

As it stands my throat is fine though after Google'ing images of a sore throat during a cold, I look normal.  I'm just trying to kill it with kindness and drink lots of warm beverages to help soothe and possibly melt away the icky-poo-icky of my sore throat.  (Right now I'm drinking tea.  Earlier I was drinking coffee.)

It's crazy drinking hot drinks in summer.  Reminds me of when I went to the mall one freakishly cold winter, and people were lined up at Cold Stone Creamery for treats.  WTF?  I'm not saying you can't eat ice cream in winter, but there are days that it's been so hot that all I want is an iced tea or cold drink of water, but that isn't good for my throat.

Last night at a friend's house, I made some hot toddies with Bushmills... so I guess that kinda made up for drinking all that hot stuff.  It's along the same line of thinking/reasoning as "Sure, I'll have one more donut.  I'll just do ten more minutes on the elliptical."

Never mind.  It makes sense to me.  LOL!

Anyway, I have some ideas milling about in my noggin for the remaining story blog ideas.  Currently I'm with Jess F having a work date (we keep each other company while I write and she does her computer web design stuff).  She is currently "resting her eyes" while I finish this up and curse my damn nose.  I really don't want to rape it tonight when I get home

(rape = neti pot = nasal irrigation)

I've done it once before, but it's always a last ditch effort since it rarely gets so bad I have to do it.  I did it a few years ago during a particularly humid summer when my nose got so dry, everything just went up into my nasal passages and stayed there turning to cement and making me extremely not happy.  I didn't get a traditional looking neti pot (which actually looks like a little teapot).  Mine's a little squeezy tube you fill with luke warm water and do nasty things to your nose/face with it.  I really don't want to do it, but I think I'm left with no other choice.

I just want to be all kinds of awesometastically dope for NERDHQ next month.  I'm volunteering dangnabbit!  I cannot wait to meet up with everyone from last year.  Woot!!!  (Now if I can just situate things to go my way until then...)

All right.  Jess F is up from her nap (and currently serenading me with George Michael's "Careless Whisper"... complete with sax solo) and wants to get out of the house for a while so I shall sign off on this post and check all y'all later.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment