Thursday, July 10, 2014

And This Is Where I Kill You...

angry puppy is angry
Yeah, so I'm a little grumpy right now. I'm at work so that should give you a bit of a clue as to why I'm less than stellar.

I've been more confused-grumpy than actual grumpy-grumpy, but there are days where I just don't get it. [I don't.] And I'm not sure I ever will.

I believe myself to be a rather smart individual. By no means am I a physicist or NASA engineer, but I can stream thoughts and ideas together in my mind and come up with something logical and comprehensible.

And then, there's shit like this...

copied/pasted from my Facebook

I'm not going to really get into it since there's history toward my grump-factor about certain things, but I'm sure you get the gist of the above comment.

I asked for three days off next month for my friend's birthday up north. To be more specific, I usually get off work on Fridays at 5pm so I can work my usual shift, and I'm off Sundays and Mondays... so all I need is to have Saturday night off. The schedule is made month to month so since it hasn't officially been done yet, and having a month advance notice to plan things out for ONE FRAKKIN DAY, you'd think this wouldn't be a problem.

I mean, COME ON! We're apparently fully-staffed, and since the new peeps got hired, I am no longer closing by myself on Saturday nights. I'd hope that the new guy will have his shit together enough to be able to handle one night alone. FRAK, I've been doing it for years.

Am I wrong in thinking that this is not my issue to have to handle? I mean, if I needed to have a day off this week - a week that has already been scheduled and posted since the beginning of the month - I would totally try to switch someone and get the day off. But this? It's a month in advance and for only one day? Is it really that hard to process and put together? I hope not.

My schedule had already been frakked up once when back at the beginning of January I asked for the first weekend of February off so I could go to my niece's birthday. (She turned 6 this year.) I was told "Sure! That shouldn't be a problem. Just remind me toward the end of the month closer to when I'll be making the schedule." All month I made comments to her and told others that I was looking forward to seeing my niece and that it was her birthday. If she asked to stay late or do a certain task, and I would say okay, she'd say "I owe you one", and I'd joke/remind, "You mean, in addition to getting the first weekend of February off?" and she'd say "yes".

What happened? She scheduled me that weekend. And when I called her on it, she knew she frakked up and then proceeded to ask me to check if someone could take the shift. At that moment, I immediately thought, "Wait, that's not my problem. You said I could have the time off. I reminded you all month. Then when you make the mistake, I'm supposed to fix it? AWWW HELL NO!!!" When there was no one to take it, she had asked me, "Do you need both weekend days?" Um, hello? I'm going out of town to see my family. One way is three hours. So yeah! I need both frakkin days.

I know how you feel, dude.
And now this.

I'm tired of being angry and grumbly and wanting to "reach back like a pimp and slap the ho" - to paraphrase Eazy-E and Dynamite Hack.

Anyway, if it was up to me to take care of things, I'll just stop going to her and do my own thing so next time she looks over and sees I'm not at my desk, she can call, and I can say, "Oh, I arranged to have the day off since apparently I'm in charge of my own schedule."

I don't want to be catty, but she makes it hard sometimes.

Okay. Enough of me being grumbly. I'm done for the day... and get to do it all tomorrow.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

*ADDITIONAL*...
I checked my work email from home and found that my manager had been working late tonight. She replied to the email I sent this morning before I had to go help out with dispatch.
this is what I sent this morning...

and this is what she sent later that night...
how that made me feel... (goodnight y'all)

No comments:

Post a Comment