Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Playing Catch-Up...

But enough about me, let's talk about you... what do YOU think of me?
-CC Bloom from the movie "Beaches"

All right. I thought I'd update you on what I've done for September thus far.

So... in no particular order...
I'm still behind on...
Oh good gravy! That looks like a lot, doesn't it? At least, that's what a part of my brain is concentrating on... waxing the positive, focusing on the good and moving forward. Staying positive. Yup, yup. That's me.

Do you know how hard that is to do? Be positive? And stay that way? I'm good at doing that on behalf of my friends... and I mean it with them with my words of encouragement and jokes and smiles, etc. Why is it so hard on your own? Even if you have people telling you you're fabulous and awesome and talented, etc, you just can't believe it. You think they are completely full of it.

[looks above at bullet points] Maybe I'm just compensating? Trying to make you think I did a lot when I really didn't.

[looks at bullet points] Does that look like a lot to any of you?

In any case, right now I'm at work on lunch (which is almost over actually). I usually write during this time taking sweet advantage of a desk computer and appropriate back support as well as a big screen and full-size keyboard. I usually get one story blog update in during the hour, two if blessed by my muses.

Drank the last of the coffee in the work pot this morning. Sugar and powdered creamer (too lazy to check the fridge for creamy creamer) did not make the cup of jo' any better than what I thought it would be. Scrounged up some change to buy a can of Pepsi. The cool sweet carbonation is refreshing, but it causes my mind to stray to my childhood. 

I was an RC Cola kid... which evolved into a Dr. Pepper chic.

I'm talking about soda? Damn, I need some sleep.

Among various other things that have been keeping me from blissful rest (none of which are happy distractions), my cat has been a tremendous pain in the ass. She has been keeping me awake between the hours of when I try to go to sleep and when I'm supposed to wake up for work. I've been (for the time being) feeding her once in the morning and once at night until payday kicks around and I can get a bag of food to put in her feeder. I think I've spoiled her with the readily available food (which she usually just noshes on for a minute before heading back to her spot on the bed to nap or plot to take over the world). She doesn't eat much whenever she does, but now in the middle of the night it seems like she'll pass by the food dish, see it's empty, and whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine! 

The evil part of my brain imagines punting her across the room as if I'm making a winning field goal, but no... she's my fuzzy princess. Instead I try to breathe, count to ten... do whatever I need to do to chill the FRAK out. 

She yowls in the morning and at night constantly disrupting any sleep that I managed to snag from the ether. Her wailing keeps me up, and then I get worried that it'll wake or piss off my housemates. My landlady's room is next to mine, and she keeps her doggies in the room with her... the doggies that bark at EVERYTHING! So the last thing I want is for my cat to whine and have them hear it and respond in an irritating woofing chorus.

Can't wait to get her kibble this Friday and shut her the FRAK up! 

Maybe then I can actually get some sleep! 

...
...
...

... says the insomniac.

But then there's this lingering cough from the cold I had a couple weeks ago.

*sigh*

*headdesk*

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment