Saturday, December 2, 2017

Blogmas - Day 2

Today was a lazy day.

Yes, I had meant to try and do some things, but in the end, none of those things were done.

First things first - I went to bed hella late on Friday, and since I have insomnia, it was Friday, and I had nothing officially planned for the weekend, I set my phone on Do Not Disturb with no alarm and set to sleep. Granted it was close to 4am when I finally faded into unconscious oblivion when that actually happened, but I digress.

When I woke up, it was sometime after 12pm, and I played around on my phone a bit while my laptop continued with its updates (which seemed to take an eternity but took maybe a few minutes shy of an eternity). Then when my stomach was a little grumbly, I decided to eat something and made a breakfast smoothie (even though it was close to 2pm around this time, but hey - if it's not tomorrow until the sun comes up, it can be breakfast whenever you wake up.)

I was productive in the sense that I cleaned the area in front of the shelving unit and arranged my clean laundry into groups (to hang, to fold, etc). I also cleaned up the area near my kitchen cabinets so the floor in my apartment was a hot mess ninja warrior accident waiting to happen.

There was a lot of organizing though there is more than I need to do which all can't be done in a day. And since work has taken a lot of my "giddyup" from me, my weekend default mode is more of not giving a frak unless something extremely important comes up. Until then, jammies about home it is!

Eventually, I made dinner which was mac and cheese with some veggies and sausage and chicken tossed in. I wanted to try and make a milkshake, but I had been drinking beer and later a hot toddy so I thought something dairy based would be pushing my luck in the drinks arena.

Most of the day was comprised of eating, drinking, playing games on my phone, surfing the net on my laptop, and doing a small amount of work from home (just a spreadsheet correction and a couple emails). My love of organizing is terrible. I have folders for my emails, and I can sit there and just sort to my little OCD heart's content... but I chastised myself saying "No, you logged on just to take care of these 3 things, and that's it."

Way to go me! [self-high-five] <=== is that just a clap, really?

I had every intention of catching up on some shows, but fatigue rolled in, and I did my best to shut down all devices and try to fall asleep at a decent hour. Let's see how that goes.

Wow, this all sounds a little boring, but hey - this is as life is sometimes.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment