Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Q&A - January 2017

January's image from my calendar
Sunday - January 1: What is your mission?

This year? I guess to continue being the best version of myself I can be.

Monday - January 2: Can people change?

Yes - but only if they really want to.

Tuesday - January 3: What are you reading right now?

Reading - "The Cursed - Welcome to the Park of the Chimeras" by Elian Black'Mor & Carine-M
Listening - "Dreams of Gods and Monsters" by Laini Taylor

Wednesday - January 4: The best part of today?

When a friend came by my desk to say hi and was happy to see I was feeling better.

Thursday - January 5: - What was the last restaurant you went to?

Does Starbucks count?

Friday - January 6: Today was tough because _____.

... it was raining a lot making driving difficult, but I was determined to make it to Fresno for my niece's birthday.

Saturday - January 7: You are lucky: how so or not so?

I'm a bit of both. Not sure why. Just works out that way.

Sunday - January 8: What song is stuck in your head?

24K Magic by Bruno Mars or anything off that album really.

Monday - January 9: Was today typical? Why or why not?

Yes - because it was Monday and work... and Mondays and work are usually grumbly.

Tuesday - January 10: Write down something that inspired you today.

In a random act of unexpected kindness, a co-worker brought me hot tea and iced coffee when she came in start her shift.

Wednesday - January 11: Today you lost _____.

My mind.

Thursday - January 12: What's your favorite accessory?

My rings. I have one from my friend Margrit (aka Seester) which is a silver band with the words "Protect This Woman" which I wear on my right hand, and the other is from my friend Kim (aka Wifey) which is a silver ring with an amber stone which I wear on my left.

Friday - January 13: Where you want to travel next?

My travel history is quite small, but I want to travel all over. So many places. I would like to go someplace new, someplace fun, someplace I haven't been yet... maybe out of the country?

Saturday - January 14: Are you a leader of a follower?

I'd say a mixture of both, but a friend recently pointed out that I have a natural leader skill... so maybe a little more leader with less follower tendencies?

Sunday - January 15: On a scale of one to ten, how was your lunch today?

I'd give it a 9 - had a long night the previous day ending with me getting home late. I slept in and eventually got out bed close to lunch and made myself a smoothie.

Monday - January 16: Do you owe someone money? Does anyone owe you?

Yes. And technically, yes.

Tuesday - January 17: What's the oldest thing you're wearing today?

My Skecher "Ugg" type boots - which have seen better days.

Wednesday - January 18: What was peaceful about today?

My morning at work somewhat... but then again, I was at work alone and not really awake.

Thursday - January 19: List three foods you ate today.

Pop-Tarts, Pizza, and an apple.

Friday - January 20: Are you holding a grudge? About?

I don't think I really hold grudges although I do get really frustrated with people which is usually a passing annoyance... until it comes up again.

Saturday - January 21: What are you looking forward to?

Not being "sick" anymore. Would love to stop coughing and would love my sinuses to go back to normal. Also leaving work... so I can go home and sleep.

Sunday - January 22: Are you seeking security or adventure?

I have to choose? I would say a mixture of both. I like trying new things, but I'm not really where I'd like to be at this stage in my life, so security is also a lovely idea/goal.

Monday - January 23: Do you need a break? From what?

WORK! It's stressing me out with new responsibilities and helping out with others and people forgetting that I'm only human taking on a workload of two or more.

Tuesday - January 24: If you were going to start your own company, what would it be?

Not sure. I've joked about having a place with retro arcade games and childhood snacks. Maybe add some books, music, and other entertainment nerdy things. A chill-neutral place like McAnally's Pub from The Dresden Files.

Wednesday - January 25: What makes "you" you?

I'm my own little brand of quirky and strange, but I feel like I have a big heart and want to hug and heal the world. So... maybe that?

Thursday - January 26: Today you needed more _____.

SLEEP!!! SO MUCH SLEEP!!! (Maybe energy and time to get things done as well, but SLEEP!!!)

Friday - January 27: Which art movement best describes you today? (Surrealism? Modernism? Dada?)

Since I've been sick, I'll say Surrealism. (Pretty sure my insides look like a Dali painting.)

Saturday - January 28: How do you describe home?

Wherever I feel comfortable, safe, at peace, and loved.

Sunday - January 29: What was the last TV show you watched?

Scandal.

Monday - January 30: What do you want to forget?

I would say pain, but everything - the good and the bad - shape you into who you are. So never forget. (Always forward. Never back. -Pop from Luke Cage)

Tuesday -January 31: What do you want to be?

A writer. (And maybe a voice-actor and all-around entertainer.)



Q&A a Day: A 5-Year Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment